New Year New Schedule!
New Pilates/ Kin schedule starts next week! Check FB and Twitter for the full details!Read full post
Fall Sessions are Over- Hello Winter!
Read full post
This past week was challenging. Many clients, friends and family expressed this common feeling. We know that things will escalate as we get closer to the Holidays. It is dark, it is busy, we are tired…..BUT…..
I’ve decided to face the end of November with the upmost POSITIVE attitude and sense of excitement. This will be challenging as there are struggles to fit everything in and still be good at what we do!
You know what? There are many things to be excited about, and here is how I will try my best to be POSITIVELY EXCITED
(by all means please borrow and share if it works for you):
1. A no brainer- I will be more positive- A positive attitude brings gratitude
2. I will be more appreciative of amazingness around me. I am excited to host Appreciation party-I very much appreciate all my wonderful clients, volunteers and colleagues. Tis the season of giving!
3. I will stay on track- keep moving forward and start each day new. I will not take yesterdays challenges forward.
4. Watch Elf (as per my son’s recommendations)
5. Be mindful of my time and who I spend it with
6. Always end the day with a positive thought- I will overcome negative emotions and remember that change leads to growth!
7. I am in control and know my self worth. If things do not validate my worth, I will not give them access to my life.
8. I WILL get SLEEP
9. Complaining is draining (thanks Kim O for that one). I will be mindful and try to decrease the amount I complain about troubles and find peace knowing that I am thankful for the troubles I do not have.
10. It’s Not an Event- It’s My Life
Fall Schedule coming soon!
Hope you are having fun and enjoying the summer days. We have been super lucky this summer. Even though the weather has been a little fickle this summer, we have been able to have every class outside (yes maybe I just jinxed it).
After this week we will be taking a little break to DO NOTHING! Then we will be preparing for a full fall schedule.
See a glimpse below:
Enjoy the days. Take those moments and soak in the sounds of summer. Keep it balanced. It’s a LONG journey.
Enjoy the rest of August.Read full post
End of March Contest
Loud’n Kinetic Fun/ Pun- ctional playlist:
List a song that we can pun it up and play. Change title so it can relate to a great workout/ move/ exercise! Had some great suggestions this a.m!
For example: Hall and Oates Easy Lover= Easy Lunger- successfully applied this a.m
Devo’s Whip it= Dip it (as in triceps dips)
Troopers- Raise a Little Hell= Raise a little Health (that one was created Long long ago!!)
Add your suggestions! Will make the playlist. Winner of punniest fit song wins some Loud’n Kinetic swag!
Spring into action!
Join us at Ride Don’t Hide 2017!
It’s time to dust off your bike and get ready to fundraise and ride with the Canadian Mental Health Association at Ride Don’t Hide.
This year’s events will be on June 25, 2017 in 31 communities across Canada, coast to coast. Join over 10,000 Canadians celebrating mental health and help end the stigma around mental illness! Sign up today at Ride Don’t Hide Hamilton. You have a choice of 4 routes – a 20K, 7K, and a kids’ scenic, friendly route along the streets of Hamilton, Dundas, and McMaster University or a 70K avid rider route to challenge yourself and your fellow riders.
P.S. – In honour of Mental Health week from May 1st to 7th, we are offering a $5 discount if you register for Ride Don’t Hide during Mental Health Week. Just use the discount code MHW2017.
Help reduce the stigma around mental health one pedal at a time
Canadian Mental Health Association, Hamilton
131 John St. S., Hamilton, ON L8N 2C3